questions/suggestions/understanding, email me:
|7/25/1999||1 Corinthians 13:10||10. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.|
|Colossians 3:14||14. And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.|
|note:||That which is in part
will be done away
Charity ==> perfect (without sin, whole) Yehoshua
Spiritual maturity? Is there ever spiritual maturity, or just continual growth?
|James 2:19||19. Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.|
|7/26/1999||James 4:7-8|| 7. Submit yourselves therefore to God.
Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
8. Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
|Luke 1:35||35. And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.|
|1 Corinthians 2:9-11|| 9. But as it is written, eye hath not
seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the
things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
|Romans 11:19-21|| 19. Thou wilt say then, The branches
were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
20. Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
21. For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
|7/27/1999||Psalms 7:10-17||10. My defence is of God, which saveth the
upright in heart.
11. God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.
12. If he turn not, he will whet his sword; he hath bent his bow, and made it ready.
13. He hath also prepared for him the instruments of death; he ordaineth his arrows against the persecutors.
14. Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood.
15. He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made.
16. His mischief shall return upon his own head, and his violent dealing shall come down upon his own pate.
17. I will praise the Lord according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the Lord most high.
|note||7:15 ...and is fallen
into the ditch which he made.
We dig our own pits by our unrighteousness.
|Proverbs 6:6-19|| 6. Go to the ant, thou sluggard;
consider her ways, and be wise:
7. Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler,
8. Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest.
9. How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep?
10. Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep:
11. So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth, and thy want as an armed man.
12. A naughty person, a wicked man, walketh with a froward mouth.
13. He winketh with his eyes, he speaketh with his feet, he teacheth with his fingers;
14. Frowardness is in his heart, he deviseth mischief continually; he soweth discord.
15. Therefore shall his calamity come suddenly; suddenly shall he be broken without remedy.
16. These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17. A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18. An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19. A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
|Proverbs 8:13||13. The fear of the Lord is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.|
|Proverbs 8:35||For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the Lord.|
|1 Corinthians 3:1-7||1. And I, brethren, could not speak unto you
as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
2. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
3. For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
4. For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
5. Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
6. I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
7. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
|note||God giveth the increase. man plant and water the seed, YHWH increase it.|